13 July - Pobena to Onton

Brilliant day - ticked off first swim 👌😀


Today's walk was beautiful. Left Pobena up a steep flight of steps followed by a beautiful walk along the coastal path. The water looked so inviting as we left Pobena behind - the ocean views were stunning. It wasn't a demanding walk today as we decided to offload the packs at the albergue and explore the picturesque village of Onton. I love the Spanish-style houses with their terracotta tiles and whitestone walls. The gardens and pretty potplants are so colourful and perfectly manicured. Spent the afternoon in the sea, my first swim on this Camino. The water was refreshing ... fantistico! The albergue I'm staying at tonight has dinner and breakfast included for €18. Very welcoming hosts. I'm also enjoying the camaraderie among fellow pilgrims. Tonight there will be a shared meal and new friendships made.
Another beautiful day in the wonderful Northern coast of Spain.  I'm loving the Basque country; the climate, the people, the pinchos and wine. The feet are holding up, but it's early days. Have adapted to the bunk room environment 😀


















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts