14 July - Onton to Castro Urdiales
Last night I had a meal with fellow pilgrims. Maria and Giuseppe who run the albergue were wonderful hosts. Sitting around the dinner table were 3 teachers, two from USA and 1 from Portugal. Great swapping stories of the workload we face, seems we share the same issues across the globe!! Had the best sleep, set me up for today's walk.
Another fabulous coastal walk to the seaport town of Castro Urdiales. A medieval castle and lighthouse were a short stroll up from the beachfront. The Santa Maria de la Ascuncion church was beautiful, such history in this town. Enjoyed a swim at the beach. There was a rowing regatta on and the place was alive.
Have enjoyed trying lots of new foods with octopus being my favourite so far.
Every day has been perfect, today's photos say it all. Blue skies, golden beaches, clear water and 39 degrees.
It has been a magical day and I feel very blessed.
Staying in a private pension tonight, marinevesolanade with stunning views across the harbour. Feel like I am living the dream!!
Have enjoyed trying lots of new foods with octopus being my favourite so far.
Every day has been perfect, today's photos say it all. Blue skies, golden beaches, clear water and 39 degrees.
Staying in a private pension tonight, marinevesolanade with stunning views across the harbour. Feel like I am living the dream!!





















What an amazing start to your journey, Genevieve!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing Susan, every day perfect so far!
Delete