July 20 & 21 - Santander to Comillas

I have been surrounded by amazing vistas throughout my Camino - spending time sightseeing in Comillas has been magical. The clear blue sea, swimming in the sunshine, soaking up the fabulous architectural heritage of this beautiful coastal town ... the sculptures, historical plaza and fountain .... I have been in awe.

Plenty of photos to record this part of my journey.

The beach and town:








The food is amazing - in theory I should be walking off the wonderful meals!



The San Cristobal Cathedral in centre of Comillas.





 Lit a candle for Wiebe



The Sobrellano Palace















Gaudi's Capricho
This is a palace designed by the amazing architect Anton Gaudi and is considered to be one of the jewels of European Modernism.
What an unexpected bonus of my Camino.









Chapel at the Sobrellano Palace










Back on the trail walking tomorrow 👣👣
Been nice walking around this afternoon without a backpack. 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts