22 & 23 July - Comillas to San Vicente and Oviedo
Sad to leave Comillas, has been a favourite spot, love the cobblestone streets, the quaint houses, Gaudi's designs, long sandy beach - pretty sure I will return to this place one day.
Left before sunrise:
This section of the coastal route had some popular surf beaches judging by the number of surfies, big crashing waves and several surf schools
Pretty countryside, lots of up hill and downhill and up again...
San Vicente de la Barquera was big and busy compared to Comillas. The town sits between two long inlets. We had time to walk up the hill to see the King's Castle and a 13th century church - St Mary of the Angels built in 1210. It is definitely the oldest church I have ever been in.
Gorgeous San Vicente de la Barquera:
Tomorrow we leave the Camino Norte route, as planned, and begin the Camino Ingles (the English Way). The route begins at Ferrol
Is hot work at times, but pack is super comfy, barely feels like I'm wearing it now, feet, hips and knees all good. Long may it continue. 😀👣😀👣😀👣
Left before sunrise:
This section of the coastal route had some popular surf beaches judging by the number of surfies, big crashing waves and several surf schools
Pretty countryside, lots of up hill and downhill and up again...
Is hot work at times, but pack is super comfy, barely feels like I'm wearing it now, feet, hips and knees all good. Long may it continue. 😀👣😀👣😀👣





























Comments
Post a Comment