25 July - Pontedueme to Betanzos
After yesterday's big walk I was unsure how my feet would feel this morning π£ π but surprisingly I had no problems.
Today's walk is crossed several rivers and we walked through some beautiful forests.
Ancient foot baths used by early pilgrims. Came across this one is from 1884 . Such history.
A horreo - have seen a lot of these, they date back several centuries and were used to store feed for animals, and crops which still needed to be ripened.
Quite a lot of uphill climbing today. After stopping for the most delicious bacon and eggs at Mino we continued on our way ... more steep climbs but I'm definitely feeling fitter than at the start of my Camino.
21 km walk today! Had a light shower, first time I've needed the rain poncho. It was a bit cooler today, a welcome change in temperature.
Today's walk is crossed several rivers and we walked through some beautiful forests.
Ancient foot baths used by early pilgrims. Came across this one is from 1884 . Such history.
First drop of rain in two weeks π§ π§
A horreo - have seen a lot of these, they date back several centuries and were used to store feed for animals, and crops which still needed to be ripened.
Quite a lot of uphill climbing today. After stopping for the most delicious bacon and eggs at Mino we continued on our way ... more steep climbs but I'm definitely feeling fitter than at the start of my Camino.
Came across a chilli bin with water, juice and beer, never has a beer tasted so good. This kind person had placed these refreshments along the trail after the steep inclines and where it was miles from any services ππ
21 km walk today! Had a light shower, first time I've needed the rain poncho. It was a bit cooler today, a welcome change in temperature.
Betanzos:

















Beautiful countryside! You'll be pleased you packed the rain poncho! Great stamina dear pilgrams! Kia kaha.xx
ReplyDelete