26 July - Betanzos to Bruma

30 km walk today, all the guides say it is the hardest section of the Camino Inglis. 

Woke up with a sore back, could barely tie my shoe laces - thinking how the heck am I going to put my pack on and walk. I think I was dehydrated so drank heaps of water ... by lunch time I was fine.

There was a steep climb as we left Betanzos. Then later  in the day the longest and steepest climb through a forest, and then a long stretch into Bruma. ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‘ฃ Pretty countryside:








I decided to go solo today - reassured Bernie and Graham that I would be fine ... see you in the next town. Famous last words!!  
I found myself trekking up a remote country road, with no Camino markers in sight. Met a farmer who didn't speak any English. It dawned on me that I was lost ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿค” Out came the phone and GPS, navigated my back onto The Way, walking an extra 3km. ๐Ÿ‘ฃ Good lesson learnt, keep an eye out for the markers!! and don't panic! 
Met the kindest and  most welcoming Spanish woman at a cafe 3km before Bruma. She made such a fuss of us, insisting we put our feet up, provided complimentary olives and sponge fingers, all with the biggest smile. 



A light shower - spot the rain poncho, I blend in with the road markers. 








Have had 3 big days in a row. Two more days walking will be in Santiago Compostella. Ahead of schedule, we should be walking into Santiago Compostella on Sunday ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘Œ

Comments

  1. Awesome effort Gen! You are showing such strength and stamina! Sending you love๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts