28 July - Sigüeiro to Santiago de

Today I savored every step of the Camino knowing this would be the last day of my pilgrimage.  It was misty and the air was crisp when we left Sigueoro at a somewhat later start of 9am.
Rearing to knock off the last 16kms.





Much relief to see this sign - we were  hungry pilgrims!



Anticipation is building as we enter the city - the apostle St James points us in the right direction:


When we arrived in Santiago the sun was shining, it was picture perfect with beautiful blue skies and a warm 28 degrees. As we walked through the tunnel the three of us joined hands. There was a guy playing bagpipes and a flow of incoming pilgrims - very exciting and an air of celebration all around us.

I am so happy to have achieved my goal. There were experiences which took me out of my comfort zone, sharing bunkrooms with strangers, not speaking the language, hot afternoons struggling with steep cobblestone streets... but I did it!!



TEAM BLUE
I have been in good hands, Bernie and Graham have been a gift - showing me kindness and love every step of The Way. 






Eventually we decided to walk over to the Pilgrim's Office and join the long queue to receive our Compostela.


The Compostela, is written in Latin.  As I walked in memory of Wiebe his name is written on it too ♥️  A very special moment and one I will always treasure.

Exhausted, hot, tired but in high spirits we enjoyed a late lunch.

Time to sort my feet out - I am thankful they carried me all this way.


After freshening up, we enjoyed a very special evening together, sharing  the highlights and struggles of  our Camino ... good pack days and bad pack days, foot issues and back issues. Splashed out and enjoyed amazing gastronomic delights.










Comments

  1. Congratulations! What an amazing achievement! Beautiful photos- thank you! Look after those feet! Looking forward to hearng more about your adventures when you return home. Big hugs and lots of love to all of Team Blue!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts